Saturday 13 September 2014

POEM

This is a poem I wrote based on my life, my personal history, and what has made me who I am today.
(TYPE: Freestyle)

1996, the day after Valentines,
In the doctor's hands, I still let my talent shine.
I eventually learned how to paint with my palette fine, even during my darkest and saddest times.

Looking back, I have seen things no child should see.
Memories of abuse and neglect, my past surrounds me.

However, my broken childhood is no excuse, I want to make a stand.
I want to grow and develop what the Lord has planned.
Hopefully, one day the world will accept me as I am.
For I am ready to escape my fears, to escape this life in no man's land.

In school, art and business classes were all I sought.
To strive and learn, these were concepts more important than the cellphone I bought.
I was told "education will direct our minds towards what's real and important".
We will be able to market ourselves in the future, become a positive endorsement.

Today, the world as I see it is my playground.
Yes, it's got swings and teeter-totters, its even got a merry-go-round.
At this point in my life, arts management is my chosen route,
I want to be successful. I want to be the leader in the business suit.

My ability to write, draw, paint, and sculpt is what keeps me alive.
If you've read what I've wrote, I want you to know that my heart is revived.

- Katherina



No comments:

Post a Comment